Friday, November 7, 2008

Catch Me Up, Sally!

So, as anyone is reading this can see - - - I am terrible at blogging. I sit at a computer all day, and I just can't seem to get myself into the blog mode. I think that for some reason, no one really cares what I am thinking about or that I don't want to read what I am thinking about!! No matter - - in an attempt to improve my communication skills, I am going to blog more!! So as a catch-up:

October:
This month went by so fast, I don't even know what happened in it!! So, for what I do remember - - - on the 30th, I went to my very first AC/DC concert!! As you may or may not know, I am a HUGE AC/DC fan, and realized that as scary as it sounds, I was probably listening to it when I was in the womb!! My parents raised Matt and I on their music, and I have just loved it all my life! I had not, however, gone to one of their concerts. Since they stopped touring 7 years ago . . . I haven't had the chance! So, when the tickets became available, I jumped on them, and almost died of happiness. The show was downright amazing, as I knew it would be, and I was left basically deaf for 2 whole days afterward!! It was AWESOME!! There is no truer "rock and roll" band in my opinion, and their concert showed why! Hard rock, bitchin' guitar solos, fast paced songs, NO power ballads . . . . all by guys much older than my parents! It was like a bunch of twenty-somethings rocking out!! Who woulda thought?

While it was so exhilarating, it was still not in the same league as my concert fun with Enrique just a month prior. It was like reliving that night all over (same venue). Ah...... anyway....

The best part - I took the next day off of work - I haven't taken a day off that wasn't for being sick or having plans to go somewhere in FOREVER. It was amazing! Plus, it was Halloween!! AND, Mike got the day off too!! We had so much fun taking the kids to school, seeing Josh at school reading with his reading teacher (he is getting so good!!), decorating the house for the trick or treaters, going out to lunch together, and just having a blast!! Unfortunately, I could definitely get used to that, and didn't want it to end! The trick or treating was great - we had a ton of kids, and even more candy left over!!

That about catches us up to now - - I decided to do a separate blog regarding all things election (at least in my mind....) :)

No comments: