First off - - thank GOD it is over. I mean it. I can not hardly take another campaign ad, commercial, lawn sign, bumper sticker, leaflet, rally, or any other politically charged event. ENOUGH already!! 2 years of campaigning leaves me wondering - - what could have been accomplished in 1 and a half years if we restricted campaigning to six months? I mean really, who's mind wasn't made up 6 months ago anyway? What a waste....
Secondly . . . thanks to everyone I know for not sending me terrible, "ha ha, told ya so" messages after Obama's victory on Tuesday. I almost expected some from a few of my outspoken Democratic pals (Lis... :) ), but thankfully I got notta!! Which is great, because no one really know who I voted for in the booth, and I'm not telling! I said even standing in line - - I don't know who I am going to vote for, and indeed my Presidental choice was the last one I made on the ballot. If that doesn't prove to anyone how deep my morals were challenged in this election season, I don't know what would.
Finally - - - A hope for the next 4 years. Please, please, please, please - - - let's get some shit done!! 240,000 people lost their jobs in October while this country was bitching about the cost of Sarah Palin's outfits, who Obama was buddy-buddy with, whether McCain would make it 4 years, and why Joe Biden can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth. I don't give one hoot WHO is in charge, but can we PLEASE stop worrying about trivial, frivilous, and ridiculous things, and start worrying about what really matters? Someone please grow a pair of balls and start forcing companies to change the way they operate!!! PUNISH companies (AIG) that run themselves into the ground, then spend millions of our tax dollars putting execs up for ski and hunting vacations. Don't bail them out, let them go bankrupt and promote a new company that will not take advantage of that. There are a ton of smaller companies who I am sure would gladly step up in AIG's absence.
People - - for real.... QUIT LIVING OUTSIDE YOUR MEANS!!! Don't buy everything just because your neighbor has it. Don't buy the 50" Flat-screen TV when you have a 42" one. Although I know it is a foreign concept in today's world, but stay home instead of going out every night. Houses come with kitchens. Use them! I know it is faster to eat out, order pizza, or take out. Trust me, everyday I wrestle with stopping and getting something cause I am tired and don't want to cook. We have long ago gotten away from taking any responsibility for the state we are in. It is always someone else's fault. So and so did that to me. So and so did this to me. Bullshit. We do things to ourselves. We make our own bed, now we need to start realizing that we have to sleep in it - not on the couch. We can't count on the government to bail out individuals for their poor judgments and decisions. We are not in a communist, socialist (I hope not anyway), or any other type of -ist nation. Millions of soldiers have DIED to make it so we have the freedom to make our own choices. When we choose poorly, we hurt society as a whole. People have to knock off this "me, me, me" attitude, and start realizing that to fix our problems, we have to work together. Sacrifice builds character, failure builds character. Handouts and freebies build a weak society with lazy people. People have to change their belief systems if we truly want to change our country for the better. We have to realize that working as little as possible is not good enough - we have to work as hard as we can. When we do, we get what we deserve. And, we learn the value of hard work. Something that is lost in today's society when children are not even made to pick up after themselves. Lazy, lazy, lazy, stupid, stupid, stupid!! Six descriptions of a majority of parents nowadays. Sad......
Anyway --- enough Kasey ramble. No one can still possibly be reading this - but if you are; You are awesome!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMEN!!
Wow!!! Good for you for getting this off your chest!!! And just for the record I agree with a good majority of this, beleive it or not! And just for the record I didn't know how I was going to vote 6 months ago, infact I think I was dead set against the person I voted for! But I do agree campagining should be limited!! NO MORE COMMERCIALS, their mostly lies anyway!
Post a Comment