Monday, May 24, 2010

A recap and catch up!

Here's my first blog with the newly named Blog! :) 

A little about what this is going to be.  First, I want to make it abundantly clear - I am not trying to put down other people, or make anyone angry.  This blog is about my views on my life, and the things I do on a daily basis. My ideas and views might not work for anyone, or they may!  I am always open to learning new tricks and trades, and hope you will share your thoughts as well! 

Ok - now to the point of this new blog.  For those of you who don't know, I am engaged to the most patient and amazing man ever. I mean, seriously, who can put up with being engaged to someone for two years who can't pick a wedding date? Some may say that I have cold feet, or don't want to get married.  That is so far from the truth.  For one, Mike is a furnace, and warms my feet up whenever they are chilly. Second, I desperately want to get married!  Why don't I?  My pervasive and obstructive lack of decision making ability. The thought of choosing one type of wedding and then changing my mind has me nearly paralyzed with fear.

With my engagement, I have inherited a house, two step-children, and two dogs. A lot you say? Yes, yes it is. The house is a disaster - not literally, like I live in a run-down trailer park. But, the previous owners, I am convinced, did EVERYTHING they could wrong. So, we work almost non-stop just to get things in the house livable, before trying to even think of replacing things. That is tiresome.

The dogs - oh, boy. They are something else. Digger, our 6 and a half year old Beagle/Basset Hound is the love of my life - sorry Mike. He is the sweetest and most loving dog ever. He is, however, just as equally the biggest pain in my butt. But, I do love him dearly.  Remington, our 8 month old Am Staff puppy, is a little fireball. She is so sweet and loving, but at the same time, a mean and fierce little gal. She rules! And, I got to name her.... :)

Lastly, the point and purpose of my new blogging - Joann and Joshua. They don't know I am doing this, and I might not bother them with it. But, Joann, our beautiful 15 year old soon-to-be sophomore, and Joshua, our almost 8 year old soon-to-be third grader, give me plenty of material to blog about. I won't go into too much, since I am going to leave that to my first "real" post coming soon! 

In closing, I hope you stay tuned to my rantings and ravings!  Leave some input, tell me I am a terrible parent, anything!  I really will read it, and take every comment to heart!  I know I am not doing everything perfect, but I also know that I am changing these kids' lives.  I believe for the better!   Stay tuned!

No comments: